Access to the mental health care they need is the entry point for most of our clients. Many have suffered for years without seeing a doctor or receiving a proper diagnosis. Health care prevention means saved money, time and lives.
Green Door Behavioral Health encourages health promotion, provides primary care, and oversees medication therapy management to ensure our clients have a holistic view of their health and care.
In the summer of 2015, Green Door launched a partnership with Howard University College of Pharmacy. The GOAL of the Howard University College of Pharmacy Medication Management Service is to help Green Door clients get the BEST BENEFITS from their medication by actively managing drug therapy and by identifying, preventing and resolving medication-related problems. For more information please see the services provided below and hours of operation.
Tuesdays – 8:30am – 12:30pm
Thursdays – 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Appointments and Walk-Ins Accepted!
- Update Profile With Current Primary Care Diagnosis
- Verification of Current Medication List
- Medication Therapy Management
- Manage Drug Interactions
- Review for Duplicate Medications
- Ensure Drug Therapy for Each Diagnosis (if necessary)
- Medication & Adherence Counseling
- Teach patient correct dose
- Help patient with dosing schedule
- Teach patient how to manage side effects
- Help patient make follow up appointments with Primary Care Provider
- Smoking Cessation Service *NEW*
- Assess client smoking status and readiness to quit
- Educate clients on the dangers of tobacco use
- Provide recommendations of treatment options
- Teach clients how to utilize products
- Follow up on progress